- Peter Bowen in his Cruiser – Trip Leader
- Colin, Robyn and Ashley in their Toyota Hilux
- Ryan and Felix in their new 9 day old Rubicon (Visitors)
- Brent and Amber Brian in their Patrol
- Amanda and Dave Johnson in their Cruiser (Visitors)
- Gary Eickenloff in his Toyota Hilux
- Stewart and Jean in their Cruiser
- Craig and Michelle, Cooper and Callum in their Patrol (Visitors)
- Helen and David Duncan in their Patrol – Trip Report
- Peter and Lilly Armstrong in their Patrol – Tail End Charlie
The convoy travelled to Wamuran where we unlocked the gate and aired down at the 4 big Mango trees. Peter had been in the previous day doing the Driver Awareness Training with some new members but most of the tracks we drove on today were well overgrown and many had trees down across the tracks which required moving/clearing.
Morning tea back at the Mango trees saw some of us have a go at the 2 big hill climbs there – Fun!
On the move again exploring different tracks with more trees to be cleared. I think at one stage Peter drove over a big tree (and nearly got stuck) then after about a dozen snatches finally moved a huge tree… only to go down the track a bit further to find about 8 more trees across the road… so we turned around and found another way. At one stage the bow saws came out to clear the track.
Back to the Mango trees for lunch and then Peter, Ryan and Colin headed home early. Brent stepped up as Trip Leader and took the remaining 7 vehicles on another explore around some more tracks with the excitement being a very wet flooded hole. He and Dave turned around but both had to be snatched up and out of this one. Amazing mud! We found our way out to a gate and aired up. Brent took the opportunity to take off his front 2 wheels to scrape out some of the sticky mud before the run home.
A big THANKS to Peter for organizing a great day and to Brent for leading after lunch. I think we all had a great day with great people and great weather.