However, it is times like this that we Australians stand up and make the nation that it is. We help those that are less fortunate than us, we follow Government advice and we stay positive (hard at times).
So how does this affect us as a club?
You would have seen the posts and emails that have been put out there from the committee. In a nutshell it means:
- The committee will remain in their current positions until we are able to conduct an AGM (maybe later than normal). The committee will continue to meet monthly by electronic means. This will allow us to continue to administer the club's affairs on your behalf.
- There will be no General Meetings until further notice;
- The Special General Meeting that was planned for the 1st of April 2020 has been postponed to a later date. This will be decided by the committee when things return to normal.
- The Annual General Meeting due for the 5 August 2020 is also postponed until things return to normal.
- There is to be no social gatherings. Pubs, clubs and restaurants are closed anyway.
- All driving trips have been either cancelled or postponed.
- The social distancing of 1.5m or 4m2 per person;
- No socialising/ house parties;
- No non-essential travelling;
- Stay at home except for essential needs;
- No camping; and
- State borders are closed.
As there are no trips/ events planned for the coming months I ask that if you have anything interesting that you would like to share with other members, send them into the magazine so we can have content to put in the magazine. Things like:
- Tips on packing/ storage for long trips, cooking in camp ovens, Knick knacks for camping.
- Good after-market accessories for car, caravan, camper and tent, and where you can get them.
- Great camping/ holiday locations. Including off road tracks etc.
- Bring back the member/ car profile.
- What was your best trip with the club and why. (include photos if you can)
- Jokes or anything funny (keep it clean)
Until we meet again, stay safe, stay healthy and STAY AT HOME (if you can).